Verse by Caleb Mannan

If you like Robert Service, Longfellow, Tolkien, Milton, Robinson Jeffers, Whitman, Poe, The Bible, Tennyson, Ray Bradbury, life, death, Untermeyer, Pound, Donne, joy, sorrow, Siegfried Sassoon, Wilfred Owen, Robert Graves, children, beauty, Dante, Tom Waits, then set yourself down beside this fire.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

VII. Music

Music doth soothe my soul,
Soothe my soul the music doth.
The angels foresaw my birth within their songs,
Within their tongue of tongues.
And now it cradles me gently,
Ushered by my invisible brothers,
Whisper wind of Hayyoth’s hymns.

1 comment:

  1. Footnote:
    Music has played a large part in my inspiration, but also in the mythology of my verse. In '04, I began writing about music and its relation to creation. "All Was Naught" I wrote expressing my creation in the form of music. This is sort of a tip of the hat to that original verse, as well as to music itself.

    ReplyDelete