Verse by Caleb Mannan

If you like Robert Service, Longfellow, Tolkien, Milton, Robinson Jeffers, Whitman, Poe, The Bible, Tennyson, Ray Bradbury, life, death, Untermeyer, Pound, Donne, joy, sorrow, Siegfried Sassoon, Wilfred Owen, Robert Graves, children, beauty, Dante, Tom Waits, then set yourself down beside this fire.

Monday, May 6, 2013

Time is a Runner Beside Me

though I see only the path before me
and my years fall like the grass
I know time is a runner beside me
and in it I am born and dead
and alive

though I see the sky as a blanket
it is a blanket being unfurled
by time the runner beside me
and under it I am naked and clothed
and free

though my children race before me
as I begin to slow
I know time is a runner beside us
and we arrive at the beginning
together

No comments:

Post a Comment